What Do I Need With Accident Compensation?
If you’ve been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, then it can be straightforward to be glad that it wasn’t worse simply.
What you might not have considered is how much the injury has actually affected your life. Whilst you might not feel you need compensation for the pain you went through, what about for any wages lost after your injury? If you were unable to work, then you’ve lost out on money you would have legitimately earnt, all because of the actions (or inaction) of somebody else. Accident compensation will cover this.
You may have incurred extra costs for transport due to being unable to drive with your injury, or you might have ended up out of pocket because of any medical expenses that you had to pay or contribute to. All of these things are costs that have put you out of pocket through no fault of your own, and you deserve that money back.
The way to do this in most cases is by getting in touch with some expert accident solicitors and finding out all about accident claims and how to go about pursuing one. If there is an out of court settlement or the accident claim is settled in your favor when it goes to court, then you can find yourself reimbursed for all your expenses. You won’t even have to pay the legal fees, as these will be paid for by the defense under ‘Win, No Fee’ legislation.
Why You Should Make An Accident Claim
If you’ve been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you’ll know how frustrating it is to understand that all of the pain and suffering you’re going through is due to the actions of somebody else. It can feel as if there’s no course of action you can take to seek justice, and whatever you do, that person will never be held accountable for what they did.
That, however, is not correct. By pursuing an accident claim, you can seek accident compensation for the injuries that you have suffered. The amount of benefit that you receive will be based on the severity of your injuries and how much compensation was given out to claimants in similar situations. The person responsible for the accident, or any insurance company they might be with, will be forced to pay you this remuneration.
It’s not just the immediate suffering that is taken into account though. Any extra costs that you’ve incurred as a result of your injury will also be considered when deciding on the final amount you’ll receive. The money you’ve paid to repair damages to any of your property will be included, as will the costs of any adjustments you’ve had to make to your house or vehicle to allow you to continue living there comfortably, such as stair lifts or wheelchair access.
Any wages or pay you would have earned whilst incapacitated can also be included in a compensation claim, as it is money you would have received had the defendant not caused you to have an accident.
Personal Injury Compensation In The UK
In this short article, we shall take a look at the necessary steps needed to pursue a personal injury claim in Britain, in clear and concise language.
- Find an accident solicitor. A quick browse around the Internet will uncover a wide range of firms offering to take on personal injury claims. Be sure to find one that works on a no win no fee basis and provides you with 100% of the compensation you are awarded.
- When narrowing your selection of potential personal injury lawyers, also look for one that is well established with a history of success. It’s worth trying to find one that offers a cash advance upon approval of your claim.
- Once you have found a suitable firm to take on your claim, they will arrange a meeting with you to assess the claim. This involves little more than simply answering questions regarding the nature of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident.
- If the solicitor deems it necessary for your case, you will be given an appointment to be independently examined by a medical professional.
- The solicitor will work with you to draw up a ‘schedule of losses’ detailing any financial losses you have suffered as a result of the accident. This is then sent to your employer or another party at fault in the accident.
- If the other party accepts responsibility for the accident, then your solicitor will then negotiate to determine how much compensation you will receive. Occasionally the claim proceeds to the courts, but even then under the no win no fee system there are no fees to pay, even if you lose.
The Risks of Driving Uninsured
An ever-increasing number of people are currently driving without car insurance on UK roads. As financial pressure grows on UK household’s people aren’t shopping around for the best car insurance deals; they’re simply not buying any.
The implication of this growing trend is very worrying for the car insurance industry and injury compensation companies alike.
The penalties for driving without insurance include:
- £200 fine
- Your vehicle being seized
- Six penalty points added to your license
With the methods of catching uninsured drivers increasing, and more and more of them being caught (up to 500 a day, according to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau also known as the MIB), it’s becoming harder to get away with not having insurance.
There is even a database that shows which parts of the country contain the highest number of uninsured vehicles (Greater London – 13%, Merseyside – 12%, Greater Manchester – 10%, West Yorkshire – 7%, and the West Midlands – 7% are the top five, if you’re interested) so police know where to concentrate their efforts.
The MIB has begun a campaign to point out the risks faced by driving uninsured. It’s not just when people get caught that they run into problems. Anybody involved in an accident whilst they’re uninsured risks being taken to court over road traffic accident claims, and if you don’t have an insurer to pay compensation, you’re going to be paying out of your own pocket.
With the number of No Win No Fee companies around, having to pay compensation on an injury claims is a real possibility and one that could result in enormous financial difficulties for all those involved.
When all of this is considered, skipping insurance to save money suddenly doesn’t seem like such a good idea.
Please check out for Lunchtime Results here
Know How To Consolidate Your Credit Card Debt If you are living in a free country(pun intended) and have the habit of using multiple credit cards, of paying for…
How An Insurance Loss Assessor Can Help Following A Disaster If you run a successful small business having good insurance cover is crucial, and you would assume this would…
Basic Mindset Of Winning Lottery The lottery is considered as a pastime epiphany by many. The lure of getting fast money had made people run after lottery games. People generally…
UK 49s & It’s Basic Terminologies UK49’s introduces a distinct lotto draw. It has already grown in popularity among online lotto players and 49’ers, who plays offline too. UK49s is…
GET TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR MUTUAL FUNDS “Why You Need To Know All About Your Own Mutual Funds” – By 49s Team A Mutual Fund is often a collection of…